Teach in UAE State Schools
Earn, Learn and Teach across the United Arab Emirates
Emirates Schools Establishment is a new government programme that aims to screen and hire thousands of teachers for their state schools across the UAE. Working in a state school system gives you the financial benefits of teaching abroad with the stability of working for the state sector. Hundreds of teachers are needed. The UAE is a stable and welcoming country and an amazing, multicultural stepping stone to a great international teaching career.
- Primary / Elementary Teachers
- Kindergarten teachers (Female only)
- English Teachers (Middle/High school level)
- Physical Education Teachers (Elementary/Middle/High School levels)
- Chemistry Teachers (High school level)
- Physics Teachers (High school level)
- Biology or General Science Teachers (Middle/High School)
- Mathematics Teachers (Middle/High school level)
- Art Teachers (Middle/High)
- Business Studies Teachers (Middle/High school level)
- Some vocational technical subjects (High School)
Salary and benefits:
- Salary of 16,000-21,000 AED per month (US$4300-5700 per month), tax free.
- Flight at beginning and end of two year renewable contract*
- Health insurance (UAE wide)
- Flights and medical for the teacher, his/her spouse and up to 3 qualifying dependent children
- Note: the salary is inclusive of housing allowance and school fees are the responsibility of the teacher.
*Teachers already in the UAE recieve only the repatriation flight. Teachers outside of the UAE receive commencement and repatriation flights
- State schools across the United Arab Emirates
- Curriculum: UAE national curriculum (related to US common core)
- Language of Instruction for subjects taught by foreign teachers: English
- School week: Monday - Thursday with half day Friday
- School year: Starts in August and lasts 186-188 days. Holidays shown here: https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/education/school-education-k-12/joining-k-12-education/academic-year
- Start dates for teachers: There is a rolling intake throughout the year, with an emphasis on January, March and August starters.
These are state schools serving Emirati students and parents. Because of the size and the required flexibility of such a large, Emirate-wide programme, teachers will not know the exact location of their schools before arrival but as you make your own living arrangements, you can choose where you rent and live after arrival. If you have a spouse already in the UAE or with a valid employment contract from the UAE, every effort will be made to place you as close as possible to your/your spouse’s residence.
Teachers, once their residency has been processed, and then they can sponsor visas of their spouse and children per UAE law but note that visa costs, school tuition fees, flights and medical for them is the responsibility of the teacher.
The first language of Emirati children is Arabic, so teachers must be skilled and prepared to teach children for whom English is not the first language. Good relationship building and positive behaviour management skills are also essential.
- Bachelor’s degree related to teaching subject with a good /very good grade point average
- Teacher training such as a B’Ed, PGCE, QTS, or US Teacher certification is required for Kindergarten and Primary positions.
- Under age 55 at the start of contract for all posts except for Physical Education teachers, Primary (Elementary) teachers and Kindergarten teachers who must be under age 45 at the start of contract.
- 2 years of relevant teaching experience using the medium of English at the time of interview
- Complete fluency in English
- Ability to provide the required documentation during the process**
**Documentation required during the application and visa process:
If successful, to initiate and process the visa:
- Passport copy
- Birth Certificate
- Qualifications – Teaching certificates, Bachelor’s degree and above (either Masters or PHD if applicable) which must later be attested during the visa process.
- Transcripts for all degrees (Bachelor’s and above)
- Police clearance which clearly shows you are not barred from working with children
- If in the UAE already, copies of your residency visa and Emirates ID
- Experience letters to support experience related to your teaching subject.
- Attested degree, transcripts and, if appropriate, marriage certificate
- IELTS certificate for non-native English speakers at application for English, Kindergarten, Primary and Business teachers, and within 6 months of joining for all other subjects. English teachers must be 7 Academic/7.5 General. All others 6 Academic/6.5 General.
Why apply through Edvectus?
Edvectus has an excellent track record of matching teachers to jobs and supporting them through the interview and application processes. We have an office in the UAE, and our worldwide recruitment offices are staffed by internationally experienced ex-teachers.
We give our candidates the relevant information they need to have a successful interview and to navigate the ESE process. We have a free online learning portal with information about curricula, interview tips, relocation information and discounts for important services such as document attestation.
Teachers can apply directly or through another agency, but only those who apply through Edvectus can access our services. Our services are paid for by ESE, and there is no cost to the teacher for applying through Edvectus.
to apply: email your CV/Resume, photo and application form to ESE@edvectus.com or fill out the form below