SECONDARY PHYSICS TEACHERS NEEDED ACROSS THE UAE
The government of the United Arab Emirates seeks qualified teachers to work in schools across the Emirates.
All nationalities are welcome to apply as long as you match the recruitment criteria.
School description and Important Considerations:
• State schools across the UAE
• Curriculum: UAE national curriculum
• Language of Instruction for subjects taught by foreign teachers: English
• School week: Monday to Friday lunchtime
• School year: Starts in August and lasts 186-188 days
• Start dates for teachers: There is a rolling intake throughout the year, with an emphasis on January and August starters.
• These are teaching positions working with local UAE students in government / public schools delivering the UAE curriculum for your age range or subject
• You will need to be prepared to teach anywhere in the UAE - you will not know your location until you arrive
• Majority of schools are run by Local Emirati principal
• Cultural sensitivity is required as well as strong behaviour managements skills
• Salary of 16,000-21,000 AED per month (US$4300-5700 per month), tax free. The salary is based on number of years of experience, teaching qualifications and highest degree obtained.
• Flight at beginning and end of two year renewable contract - for employee, spouse and 3 dependent children
• Health insurance (UAE wide) - for employee, spouse and 3 dependent children
• Note: the salary is inclusive of housing allowance and dependent benefits are not provided
• Relevant Bachelor's Degree (Physics) / A bachelor degree in Engineering will be approved but it must be accompanied by a Physics teaching diploma
• GPA equivalent to ‘very good’ (e.g., 3.0+)
• Possess excellent knowledge of the subject matter
• 2 years of recent full-time teaching experience in a regular classroom environment (Middle/High school) in the medium of English
• The candidate should not exceed the age of 55 years (at the time of signing the contract)
• If passport from a non-English first language country, IELTS greater than 6.5
• Relevant Master's Degree/PhD
• Experience with second language learners
• Experience with international curricula (SAT, AP, IGCSE, A-level)
• Good knowledge of Arabic.
IELTS certificate for non-native English speakers at application for English, Kindergarten, Primary and Business teachers, and within 6 months of joining for all other subjects. English teachers must be 7 Academic/7.5 General. All others 6 Academic/6.5 General.
Interview and Recruitment Process will include an on-line assessment and a virtual interview including a short lesson demonstration.
Please contact your local Edvectus advisor for information on how to apply.