Teach English in Vietnam State Schools
Make a difference to yourself and others
- Great gap year option to earn travel money while experiencing South East Asia life
- Gain valuable international experience with in-country support
- Enhance your CV/Resume
- Make a difference to the children of Vietnam who might not otherwise afford English lessons
- School hours only – no weekend or evening hours leaving you free to enjoy all that Vietnam has to offer
Over 100 teachers are needed to work in state schools across Vietnam. Working through Victoria Education, you will get free accommodation, free transportation to/from work and even get free weekly Vietnamese lessons. Positions are available across Vietnam including the major cities of Hanoi and Saigon, as well as smaller cities and towns.
Pay and Benefits
- US$600-700 per month
- Free accommodation with subsidised utilities in a shared house for foreign teachers only with your own private bedroom. Great for making friends!
- Free transport to and from school – nothing to worry about
- 24 hr English-speaking emergency contact support
- Orientation week upon arrival
- Airport pick up upon arrival
- 1 month salary bonus paid twice a year on top of your normal salary– great for travel during breaks
- Easy work load – only 15-20 hrs teaching contact time appx 3-4 hrs per day
- School hours are appx 7am to 2:30pm leaving your afternoons and evenings free
- Native –level English speaker with passport from one of the following countries: USA, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or South Africa
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) required
- TEFL certificate required (no minimum number of hours) – can be obtained after you get the offer.
- Not family friendly- this programme is not suitable for teachers with dependent children or pets who will accompany.
- Child protection- must pass Child Protection checks including a federal level criminal check such as UK DBS, ICPC (UK), FBI (US), RCMP (Canada), Garda Vetting (Ireland), etc
Fill out our application form to be contacted directly by Victoria Education.