The Ministry of Education have implemented a new Physical and Health Education curriculum to empower students to improve their self-awareness of physical education and health and wellbeing. The curriculum is delivered in all boys and girls schools from KG to Grade 12 across the UAE. The Ministry of Education is leading a change in the education system across the UAE and has Physical and Health Education as a key priority. The aim of the curriculum is to prepare students for a better tomorrow and equip them with the necessary skills to improve their health and wellbeing and effectively manage their lifestyle.
Experience of teaching Physical and Health Education or equivalent subjects (e.g.
Sports Coaching, Health and Wellbeing, Fitness, Diet and Nutrition, Strength and
• Experience of teaching students ranging from KG – Grade 12
• Experience of implementing a range of teaching and learning strategies
• Proven track record of success as an outstanding PE (or related subject)
• Experience/good understanding of using technology
• Experience/good understanding of the implementation of Physical and Health
Education training programmes.
Minimum of 3 years’ in the Physical Education or sports related area
• Experience of developing Physical Education curriculum materials for a range of
Physical Education Degree, or Degree in relevant subject (Sports Science, Health
Science, Sports Development, Sports Coaching and Management, etc.)
• Valid First Aid Certificate (must be obtained before start date if successful)
• Valid UAE or transferable Driving License
• IELTS 6 Academic for non-native English speakers
Teaching qualification (e.g. DTLLS, PGCE, Cert. Ed) or equivalent
• Assessor qualification (e.g. A1, TAQA) or equivalent
• Quality Assurance qualification (e.g. IV, IQA) or equivalent
• Other sports and physical education related qualifications (e.g. Fitness Instructor,
Coaching Certificate, Sports Leadership, etc.) or equivalent
• TEFL/CELTA/DELTA qualification would be an advantage
Note: We cannot recruit those already currently working in the UAE.
Unfortunately applications are not allowed unless all documents are received.