Recent graduates are needed to teach Math, Physics, and Engineering. Graduate Teachers are provided with specialised training that will prepare them for teaching from Grades 6 to 12 in the UAE context. Graduates will work in teams, led by Lead Teachers and supported by a Sector Specialist, with each member contributing to the continuous improvement of teaching and learning materials and support for students. The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Promote a positive teaching and learning environment in Ministry of Education (MoE) schools across the Emirates.
• Raise the levels of proficiency across all MoE schools.
• Ensure successful implementation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
• Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
• Support a school-wide reform by participating in and organising professional development sessions such as: peer-observations, model lessons, professional development workshops and any other activities that promote effective teaching and learning.
The Teaching Training Program will start at the beginning of October and will cover curriculum, pedagogy and practical teaching strategies. Teachers receive on the job training leading to a license to teach in the UAE along with a tax free salary of 16,000 AED/Month (approx. £39,000GBP or $52,000USD per year).
Face to face interviews will be held in Dublin on the 28th of July and in Manchester on the 29th of July. Skype interviews to be arranged for North American applicants only.
Flights are provided at the beginning and end of a 2 year contract along with medical insurance. Flexibility is essential - because this is an Emirate-wide programme, candidates will be informed of their placement on arrival and you must be happy to work anywhere in the UAE. You must valid driving license and a valid UK passport (with at least one year of validity). Housing is not included in the package and teachers must budget for this. (Depending on the location you are placed in, you should expect to pay between 3000AED and 6000+AED for a 1br or studio apartment.)
Teaching experience is not required but you must have a minimum Bachelor's certificate in Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering. Candidates must also have a sound understanding of the subject matter of their degree, and complete fluency of the English language with strong written & verbal communication skills. It is essential that the candidate is prepared to utilize teaching strategies that promote best practices. Candidate should possess a positive “can do” attitude and willingness to promote life-long learning across the Ministry of Education schools.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
• Valid Driving License
• Valid Passport with at least 1 year of validity remaining
• Excellent oral and written English is essential. For anyone who does not hold a passport from US, UK, Aus, NZ, CAN, IRE or SA, the following English proficiency certificates are required:
• IELTS 7 Academic / 7.5 General (with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill)
• Cambridge CAE (C1)
• Cambridge CPE (C2)
• EmSAT minimum of 1625
Applicants must provide all of the following documents to Edvectus. This can be done by contacting your Edvectus consultant, or by sending your resume to UAE@edvectus.com along with supporting documents. As an alternative, you can register with us HERE, and then upload your resume and documents to your candidate portal on our website. This will initiate your application process and secure your interview. Please send:
Unfortunately applications are not allowed unless all documents are received.