Health Science Teacher UAE MOE
Health Science Teacher
The Ministry of Education has implemented a new Health Science curriculum in its High Schools. You will be teaching Emirati boys (male teachers) or girls (female teachers).
As a Teacher of Health Sciences, you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery. You will be fully committed to raising attainment and acutely aware of the strategies required to achieve the highest standards. You will be the leading example in your school and go above and beyond your duties to ensure students receive the best possible learning experience and fully prepare students to commence higher education.
The main curriculum goal is to adequately prepare students to study a range of health science degrees such as nursing, paramedic, Emergency Medical Training (EMT) at higher education institutions. The programme aims to increase health literacy, improve self-efficacy, enhance social responsibility and introduce students to Health careers. Students learn to obtain, interpret and apply health information and services in ways that protect and promote personal, family, and community health.
The Ministry of Education have implemented a new Health Sciences curriculum for boys and girls, to empower students with the necessary skills to help them realise their full potential. The Health Sciences curriculum is delivered in all Cycle 3 Boys and Girls schools across the UAE (Grades 11 and 12). The Ministry of Education is leading a change in the education system across the UAE and aim to prepare students for a better tomorrow, equipping them with the necessary skills to become valuable members of their respected communities.
- A new curriculum that covers a range of topics to include Health and Wellness, Psychology, Nutrition, First Aid and Safety, Disease Prevention, Dealing with Accidents and Emergencies.
- A highly practical and theoretical driven curriculum that recognises the value in developing the student as a whole.
- Students acquire health and life skills through a broad range of topics in order to avoid risk of injury to self and others, at home, school, and in the community.
- Students are enabled to comprehend the holistic concept of health and wellness and its relationship to healthy lifestyle.
- Students will enhance their critical thinking and awareness about environmental hazards and their impact.
Our ideal candidate is a qualified teacher/trainer with energy, enthusiasm and a passion for motivating students to achieve their full potential. The ideal candidate should be adaptable and have full commitment to the profession and show resilience in dealing with the challenges of this position. This is an opportunity to join a simply remarkable team who are raising the standard of education across the UAE and empowering students to realise their full potential
- Experience of delivering health science related topics (e.g. Health Promotion, Public Health, Nursing, Medical Sciences, Psychology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Diet and Nutrition, Health and Social Care, Paramedic, First Aid) or other relevant subjects.
- Experience of implementing a wide range of teaching/training and learning strategies.
- Proven track record of success as an outstanding teacher/trainer.
- Proven track record of motivating students to achieve success.
- Proven track record of effective behaviour management.
- Experience/good understanding of using technology to engage students.
- Experience/good understanding of the development and implementation of training programmes.
- Experience of vocational education/training and has a good understanding of practical learning theories.
- Experience of teaching/training a range of learners aged 14 plus.
- Experience of working in the GCC would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing student performance and intervention strategies to raise performance.
- Experience delivering First Aid training, Basic Life Support or Paramedic training.
- Experience of special education would be an advantage.
- Health-related Bachelor’s degree or above (e.g. Health Sciences, Nursing, Medical Sciences, Paramedic Sciences, Emergency medical Technician (EMT), Health Promotion, Healthcare, Public Health, Nutrition, Health and social care).
- Valid First Aid certificate.
- Valid UAE or transferable Driving License.
- IELTS 6+ for non-native English speakers.
- Master’s degree.
- Teaching or Assessing qualification (e.g. A1, TAQA, DTLLS, PGCE, Cert. Ed) or equivalent.
- Quality Assurance Award (e.g. IV, IQA) or equivalent.
TEFL/CELTA/DELTA qualification would be an advantage
How to apply
Note: We cannot recruit those already in the UAE
Applicants must provide all of the following documents to Edvectus (your consultant, or MOE@edvectus.com or upload to your candidate portal on our website) for their initial application:
- Your CV with dates of employment showing months and years (eg from mm/yyyy to mm/yyyy for each item of your work history.
- Your highest degree certificate(eg Bachelors, Masters or PhD) **Must be in .PDF format**
- Your highest degree transcript **Must be in .PDF format**
- A colour copy of a passport photo (scanned) **Must be in .JPEG format**
- Your ILETS certificate if you do not have a passport from the US, UK, Aus, NZ, CAN, IRE or SA **Must be in .PDF format**
- Your passport photo page with at least 1 year until it expires **Must be in .pdf**
Unfortunately applications are not allowed unless all documents are received.
Or fill out the application below