St. Ignatius Catholic School in the Cayman Islands was established by the Jesuits over 50 years ago. It has 700 students and almost 100 staff comprising many different nationalities, ethnicities, beliefs, and circumstances. Following the English National Curriculum from Nursery to Year 13, the school is well known for its outstanding academic excellence and strong Christian values, characterized by mutual respect, generosity and service.
Reporting to the Principal, the Whole School Inclusion Lead / SENCO (WSIL) is responsible for the inclusion of all students from Nursery to Year 13, in particular those with additional learning needs, and those with gifts and talents, thus ensuring that all students reach and exceed their potential. This role is pivotal in supporting students and ensure their academic, extracurricular, personal and social development and entitlement. The WSIL acts as a student liaison and advocate, linking to all relevant departments and stakeholders to ensure student success. The WSIL plays a key role in the leadership of the school.
Candidates should have the following qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree, teacher training such as PGCE and Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent. Master’s degree in inclusion or equivalent is preferable.
• A minimum of six years’ teaching experience
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a leadership position, with a track record of improving the provision for inclusion in schools, ideally across all year groups.
• Confidence in the use and interpretation of student data
• Relevant experience in the administration, interpretation and reporting on psychoeducational assessments
• Experience working with international students and families with a deep, working knowledge of the importance of culturally responsive practice
• Child protection checks and safer recruitment practices will be undertaken
The school pay a generous salary and benefits package that includes a salary of between CI$56,000 and CI$68,000 per annum (equivalent to approx £57,000 to £69,000), tax free, commensurate with experience and qualifications, medical insurance for the employee, school contribution to a pension plan, airfare at the beginning and end of contract, and one free school place for a child of an employee.
The school is located in the stunning Cayman Islands, which experience little crime, fabulous snorkelling and diving and a laid-back lifestyle. Please ask Edvectus for further details.
Other jobs with St. Ignatius Catholic School include:
Whole School Curriculum Lead
Primary focussed Teaching & Learning Lead