Be part of an exciting educational project in Kyrgyzstan, fondly referred to as the Switzerland of Central Asia's. This not-for-profit European School in Central Asia opened in September 2011 with just 20 pupils aged between 2 and 10 years of age, and now there are now more than 360 pupils aged between 2 and 18 years old. As an IB World School they offer the IB Diploma Programme, IB Middle Years Programme (MYP), and IB Primary Years Programme (PYP). They are also a Cambridge International School, with Cambridge Assessment International Education accreditation for the IGCSE programme.
They are looking for a qualified Music Teacher to develop, deliver, and assess Music following the IB Primary Years Program (PYP) for students age 3-11 and the IB Middle Years Program (MYP) for students age 11-14, as required according to student needs and teacher allocations.
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
● Graduate from music college, or accomplished musician with university education
● Genuine enjoyment in working with school students and the ability to inspire a wide range of children to develop their musical appreciation and musical ability
● Ability to plan strategically, to set and meet deadlines and to implement plans
● Capable of developing new educational programmes
● Excellent interpersonal, team leadership and membership skills
● Able to communicate well with students, staff and parents and gain their confidence and respect
● A commitment to Professional Development
● Excellent spoken and written English
● Kodaly and/or Orff Methodology certification or experience
● Experience teaching IB PYP and MYP
● Prior teaching experience in an international environment
● Experience with Musicals / Theatre Shows
● Additional language skill
Please ask your Edvectus consultant for the full job description.
The position is available from August 2022 and is a full time long-term position with an initial contract of two or three years (subject to 3 months’ probation), which will be renewable by mutual consent. Salary and benefits are internationally competitive, including travel, settling in and accommodation allowances for international staff as well as medical insurance.
This opportunity offers a good saving potential and the chance to explore the mountainous regions of Central Asia that boasts a wide variety of outdoor activities, a great location for hikers and skiers alike. Please contact your Edvectus advisor to find out more.