A brand new campus of a well-respected and established international school (due to open in August 2022) is looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Head of Primary to join their founding team. The school will be both a day and a boarding school and will provide an Early Years Programme (IB & Reggio Emilia inspired), IB Primary Years Programme, IB Middle Years Programme and IB Diploma Programme (IB programmes to be authorised).
They seek applications from candidates who meet the following key requirements:
• Master’s degree or higher
• Full teaching qualifications/credentials
• Recent participation in continuing professional development
• Proven track record of outstanding teaching, preferably in IB (MYP and DP) and/or in IGCSE, A Level, AP
• Comprehensive knowledge of the IB programmes/A Level/AP and of key developments, issues, and trends in international education
• Successful experience at a high school management level, preferably in an IB World School
• Recent experience of managing students from a variety of cultures
• A track record of working productively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve strategic and shared goals
• Proven experience in supporting teachers to deliver curriculum experiences that reflect differentiated learning
• Demonstrated knowledge of and vision for the future of educational practice
• Promote and implement the school’s vision, aims, polices and ethos
• Play an active part in the collaborative working of the school’s pedagogical leadership team, and contribute to the process of strategic pedagogical planning
• Assume the key responsibility for establishing a robust platform
• Attend school functions as appropriate
• Provide reports to the School Board as and when required
• Undertake all such supervisory duties as required of members of the pedagogical leadership team
• Work alongside the head of school to ensure the effective implementation of the curriculums
• Work alongside the staff to ensure that the planning, resourcing, and delivery of subjects complies with the philosophy and expectations of the IB and the School
• Develop academic partnerships for students, including partnerships with other schools including the schools of the ISA family
• Provide overall pedagogical leadership to ensure excellent learning and teaching
• Responsibility for assessment
• Prepare and efficiently managing annual budgets
• Undertake strategic review of the programmes, the performance and contribution to the aims and educational philosophy of the school
• Monitor and track students’ progress within the programmes and co-ordinate interventions when necessary
• Responsibility for ensuring transition from the PYP to MYP and from MYP to the DP, or MYP to IGCSE and on to A level or IBDP
• Act in accordance with relevant legislation in the PRC, Guangzhou and IB guidelines, with regards to educational provision, health and safety initiatives and safeguarding and ensure that all students and staff maintain these standards
• Ability to inspire colleagues, to accept responsibility, show in their actions and decisions firmness, fairness, consistency, and integrity
• Participate in the top students cultivating process
• Build close links and communicate effectively with both Chinese and foreign colleagues
• Participate in the design and implementation of co-curriculum courses in secondary school
• Contribute, where required, to marketing activities and admissions campaigns.
• Participate in making school policies
• Contribute to the appraisal and recruitment of teaching staff as required
• Carry out other duties or responsibilities allocated by the school
The role responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organization.
As with all posts, the School Board will reserve the right to vary the precise responsibilities should needs change and opportunities arise.
• Life-long learner with a passion for education
• Excellent leadership skills and pioneering spirit
• Work effectively as a member of a team
• Courage to introduce and manage change and innovation
• Be internationally minded and inter-culturally competent
• High level interpersonal and administrative skills
• Flexible, inclusive, and pragmatic management style
• Clear strategic thinking
• Articulate and a strong communicator
• Possess good organizational skills, manage time efficiently and be able to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in English language
• Knowledge of additional language (especially Mandarin) would be an advantage
The school offer a competitive basic monthly salary and benefits which include a gratuity/bonus, housing, relocation subsidy, annual flight allowance, medical insurance, paid leave and a meal subsidy.
The school is situated in the west of Guangzhou; a 30-minute drive from the modern Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport and 20 minutes on the Metro from the Guangzhou CBD. The are provides ample opportunity for relaxation and cultural immersion and an excellent culinary scene.
For more information on this amazing opportunity, please contact your Edvectus consultant.