SECONDARY GEOGRAPHY (+BTEC TRAVEL AND TOURISM) TEACHER - QATAR - AUGUST 2021
UK Experience highly desirable.
Must be able to teach KS3-5.
Must be younger than 50 (visa requirement)
CO-VID 19 UPDATE: Quarantine period necessary when arriving in Qatar (either 7 or 14 days)
A prestigious independent UK curriculum school located in Doha Qatar requires a UK experienced teacher of Geography including BTec Travel and Tourism.
The relatively new, bespoke, built to specification school provides state-of-the-art facilities and education technology to enrich teaching and learning experiences for the students. The school aspires to foster an ethos of global citizenship, the celebration of cultural diversity and a wide international perspective to equip their students with the building blocks to become potential leaders of the future across the world.
The facilities offered, combined with their approach to education, which incorporates British style and tradition based upon the English National Curriculum, while retaining the value of local culture and tradition, will allow this International School to stand out. The school welcomes students from EYFS to Key Stage 4, adding sixth form provision in the following years.
This is an exciting opportunity for an intelligent, ambitious, and energetic educator, to impact and shape international education and its delivery within their subject areas.
The ideal candidate for this exciting and challenging role will be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to adapt to working within the Gulf Region
- An understanding of Islam and Arab culture
- Experience with start-up schools and an understanding of the challenges involved in such a project
- A proven track record of achievement in their chosen subjects
- Experience of working in a British international school environment outside the UK in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural setting or working in a UK based school
- An understanding of methods used to support students with EAL and Special Educational Needs
- A willingness to offer an extra-curricular activity
The school offers a tax free salary per month ranging from 9,583 QAR to max 14,200 QAR plus excellent accommodation, medical insurance, baggage allowance, annual flights and one free school place for a child dependent. Please contact your local Edvectus advisor.