SECONDARY BUSINESS / ECONOMICS ACADEMY TEACHERS NEEDED ACROSS THE UAE
The government of the United Arab Emirates seeks qualified teachers to work in schools across the Emirates.
All nationalities are welcome to apply as long as you match the recruitment criteria.
School description and Important Considerations:
• State schools across the UAE
• Curriculum: UAE national curriculum
• Language of Instruction for subjects taught by foreign teachers: English
• School week: Monday to Friday lunchtime
• School year: Starts in August and lasts 186-188 days
• Start dates for teachers: There is a rolling intake throughout the year, with an emphasis on January and August starters.
• These are teaching positions working with local UAE students in government / public schools delivering the UAE curriculum for your age range or subject
• You will need to be prepared to teach anywhere in the UAE - you will not know your location until you arrive
• Majority of schools are run by Local Emirati principal
• Cultural sensitivity is required as well as strong behaviour managements skills
• Salary of 16,000-21,000 AED per month (US$4300-5700 per month), tax free. The salary is based on number of years of experience, teaching qualifications and highest degree obtained.
• Flight at beginning and end of two year renewable contract - for employee, spouse and 3 dependent children
• Health insurance (UAE wide) - for employee, spouse and 3 dependent children
• Note: the salary is inclusive of housing allowance and dependent benefits are not provided
• Relevant Bachelor's Degree (Business/ Economics)
• GPA equivalent to ‘very good’ (e.g., 3.0+)
• Possess excellent knowledge of the subject matter
• 2 years of recent full-time teaching experience in a regular classroom environment (Middle/High school) in the medium of English
• The candidate should not exceed the age of 55 years (at the time of signing the contract)
• If passport from a non-English first language country, IELTS greater than 6.5
• Experience with the requirements of AP Microeconomics & AP Macroeconomics
• Relevant Master's Degree/PhD
• Experience with the requirements of GCSE, AS and A-level examinations in Business Studies.
• Good knowledge of Arabic
The Business and Economics Academy (BEA) was launched as a pilot programme in January 2021. It is aimed at Cycle 3 Advanced level students. Initially commencing with Grade 9, this academy will develop year on year to encompass Grade 9 – 12 students. The purpose of the BEA is to ensure that our best and brightest students are leaders and innovators in their fields. The curriculum is designed to support students’ engagement with the subjects of Business and Economics. Through scenarios and real-world contexts, they will advance their theoretical and practical business skills. The BEA aims to provide business skills to those students who wish to progress in a variety of fields, and to develop an entrepreneurial mindset that can enhance all professions.
IELTS certificate for non-native English speakers at application for English, Kindergarten, Primary and Business teachers, and within 6 months of joining for all other subjects. English teachers must be 7 Academic/7.5 General. All others 6 Academic/6.5 General.
Interview and Recruitment Process will include an on-line assessment and a virtual interview including a short lesson demonstration.
Please contact your local Edvectus advisor for information on how to apply.