MYP COORDINATOR OR MIDDLE SCHOOL SPECIALIST NEEDED IN DUBAI - AUGUST 2022
A developing and progressive American curriculum school is seeking to recruit dynamic and experienced teachers to join them for the Academic Year 2022-2023. Teachers are committed to offering individualized learning that focuses on mastering skills to encourage inquiry-based learning. Establishing the foundation for lifelong learning is key for the school.
It delivers a curriculum developed in collaboration with one of the foremost US Graduate Schools of Education. Aligned to meet the highest tier of US Standards, including the Common Core. The school offers learning that is interdisciplinary, engaging and challenging and taught by highly qualified Educators.
• Bachelor's and preferebaly a Master’s degree with a valid teaching certificate/license in content area and/or related field
• Candidates with progressive school experience preferred (PBL, IBPYP or MYP, or Montessori/Reggio Emilia)
• Minimum of 5 years teaching experience in the same subject that matches your qualification (must provide reference letter)
• Experience in UAE/GCC region preferred
• US Common Core Curriculum experience preferred
• IELTS Certification (8.0) for Non-Native English Speakers or Native English Speakers;
• Preference will be given to candidates holding a North American teaching qualification and a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience, preferably in a North American educational environment.
Grade 5-6-7 Math specialist: will be a homeroom teacher in one of the 3 grades, while also teaching grades 5-6-7 Math. Ability to work outside the box of a traditional book based curriculum is essential, while delivering the New York Common Core State Standards in Math or Science.
Salary and Benefits:
• Contract: Unlimited
• Schedule: Monday to Friday lunchtime
• Salary - TBC but competitive
• Housing stipend - AED 3,750 per month or school housing (single and furnished)
• Paid summer and holidays
• End of service bonus according to the UAE regulations
• Work Visa provided
• Flights – annual airfare provided by the school
• Health Insurance – provided by the school