A well-established school in Seoul requires an appropriately qualified and enthusiastic leader to take charge of an existing well-established campuses in March/April 2024. For the right candidate the
exact date can be flexible and will be agreed by discussion. The Pre-Preps currently take students from Pre Nursery and/or Nursery to Year 2 and operate very much like a British independent school from Nursery to Year 2, but embedded within Korea. This would make an excellent opportunity for a candidate who has experience of middle leadership roles in Early Years and/or Key Stage 1 settings, who is culturally sensitive and ready to become a Head Teacher.
The ideal candidate will have:
● A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and Postgraduate qualification in Education. A degree or further qualification in Leadership or in other relevant areas would be an advantage.
● Experience of all-through schools and leadership within educational settings. The ability to make important decisions based on experience, evidence and vision. Possessing strong
organisational and problem-solving skills.
● Proven track record of people management and development. The ability to build and maintain healthy relationships with a range of stakeholders. Possessing the ability to forge positive partnerships with parents. Cultural sensitivity will be an important attribute. Being tactful and diplomatic with the ability and experience to handle sensitive situations effectively.
● The ability to safeguard children’s safety and to prioritise care for every child/young person in the school.
● The ability to seek opportunities to grow the organisation professionally and deliver on the agreed priorities in collaboration with the school and Group leaders.
● Confidence to speak in public to a range of audiences.
● Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 is highly desirable along with effective teaching and learning practices. A broad understanding of contemporary assessment methodology. Possesses a meticulous eye for detail and accuracy.
● Hardworking with high expectations of self, staff and pupils. Is tenacious; delivers on commitments; possesses the willingness to go the extra mile. Enthusiastic and positive with the ability to inspire others with a “can do” attitude.
● Team player with a well-developed sense of humour. Kind, patient, open-minded, positive and able to lead from the front.
An attractive package is available that includes the following:
● A regionally competitive salary
● Suitable accommodation
● Annual flight allowance for Head (and family if appropriate)
● Free education for Head’s children at one or more of our campuses
● Annual Professional Development allowance
● Enrolment in Korea’s National Health Service plus a top-up private health policy
The school is located in a popular area of the Seoul - an exciting, lively city with plenty for everyone to enjoy. Please ask your Edvectus consultant for the full job description and details on how to apply.