This TOP international school in Hangzhou is looking for a Director of Marketing and Admissions to start in November or early December.
At Edvectus we are seeking an exceptional Director of Marketing and Admissions to lead, coach and guide the teams responsible for planning, implementing and measuring all aspects of this School’s marketing campaign and to deliver the annual enrolment targets. The School’s marketing strategies and plans should be designed to achieve the maximum number of admissions to the school, as well as to promote the positive image of the School within the education community and to attract the best quality staff to our school.
This is a Senior Leadership position which sits on the School’s SLT and will play a key role in its exciting development and growth plans.
• Manage all aspects of the admissions process and deliver on annual enrolment targets
• Develop, execute and regularly monitor admissions plans
• Enhance and execute key processes (including parental contracts, application fee, tuition fee, uniform, bus, lunch, etc.) to guide parents and pupils through the admissions processes, ensuring a smooth and engaging process. Devise and improve procedures as necessary.
• Be the first point of contact for all enquiries regarding admissions, providing all prospective families with a friendly, professional and helpful service from enquiry to entry.
• Oversee all communication to prospective parents ensuring timely responses of a high quality which are warm, engaging and well-written, and promote the reputation of The school’s Hangzhou at all times
• Conduct school tours for all prospective parents, coordinate all admission tests and arrange interviews with academic staff
• Advise parents on criteria for scholarships and bursaries
• Manage wait lists, ensuring pro-active ongoing communication with waitlisted parents
• Maintain contact and relationship with parents throughout the enrolment process until the first day of school, ensuring warm and positive communications at all times
• Maintain the pupils database system and ensure all data and files are complete and up-to-date, enabling responsive decision making and accurate forecasting
• Produce breakdown of numbers of current pupils and projected pupils by year group for Master and governors, and historical recruitment data to enable accurate projections to be made. Monitor trends to aid planning.
• Provide reports for – and present at – Board meetings as required, providing high quality and accurate data and forecasts to inform School Development Plans and strategic decisions
• Provide uniform shop with accurate projected numbers for the next academic year by gender by year group to enable optimum stock purchase
• Keep abreast of admissions trends in the market especially in competitor schools and provide competitor analysis / reports.
• Proactively manage referral list and communicate with referrers.
• Apply consistently and diligently the rules of the school in order to maintain discipline, standards of dress and to Evaluate, develop and implement the school's marketing strategy and plan (including the website, digital marketing & social media, advertising and public relations) to enhance the school's reputation and achieve overall admission objectives.
• Develop specific integrated marketing campaigns with timeline, budgets as well as clear roles and responsibilities within the team
• Manage Marketing budget and ROI of marketing activities carried out
• Support internal and external events and coordinate special projects as needed, liaising with the academic and non-academic teams ensuring a ‘whole school’ approach
• Develop an annual outreach programme that widens the school’s network and positive relationships and reputation in and with the community
• Constantly review the market and identify new trends and competitors that might impact performance
• Act as brand guardian and ensure that all materials produced are consistent with the brand.
• Actively represent the school in local community, business and networking events, promoting the reputation of the school at all times.
• Lead and coach the marketing and admissions team to deliver against targets and to ensure delivery of a high quality admissions process at all times, including responsibility for performance appraisals and development plans to the team are continuously developed and engaged
• Work closely alongside the Master and SLT to promote a positive work culture and high levels of employee engagement
• Collaborate with the SLT and all staff to develop a culture where admissions is considered a whole school responsibility.
• Participate actively in the wider aspects of school life.
• Develop relationship with other Directors of Marketing and Admissions in the Group and with Central Office to share best practice and promote collaboration. Attend Group-wide Admissions/Marketing meetings as required.
• Provide training and development for the team
• Work closely alongside the Master to operate the school's Fund and Charity Fund.
Bachelor's degree or above.
Native English or Chinese speaker. Good command in written and spoken English. Ability in another language is a plus.
• Experience in admissions management in bilingual schools.
• Experience in digital marketing.
• Experience in integrated campaign management in MNC.
• Experience of the Chinese Education sector preferred but not essential.
Experience of working and managing teams
EXPERTISE AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
• Strong communicator with a warm personality
• Demonstrable ability in people management
• Team player, ability to coordinate across multiple teams
• Ability to work under pressure, to meet deadlines while maintaining a keen attention to detail
• Proficiency in the use of computer and social media
• Highly influential with very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Personal integrity, accountability and credibility.
• Resilience & energy; Hard working
• Desire to learn and acceptance to learn on the job and listen to advice
• Strong mindset for continuous improvement to meet or exceed expectations
There is a very attractive remuneration package on offer. If you have the right credentials, please send in your CV and Covering letter ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org