ASSISTANT HEAD OF KG AND PRIMARY SCHOOL NEEDED IN THE UAE - AUGUST 2022
ABU DHABI BASED
KG to Grade 12 Private English medium international school
• Degree elementary education / education.
• Valid teaching license
• Clean police clearance/ criminal record check
• At least five years’ experience in leadership position in schools
• Masters degree and total years of 10 years in the academic field
• You must be able and willing to work in a cultural 100% ESL learning environment
• American Curriculum experience (common core preferred) is also valued
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a strong academic background in content knowledge, be collaborative and collegial, value the use of data to drive instruction, be assessment literate, be skilled at differentiating and engaging students, be able to utilise effective instructional strategies and be technologically proficient. It is important to note that this is not a western expatriate school and many students are local from the UAE.
Combining the US core standards curriculum with a delivery through the philosophy of IB without the scope and sequence, the school blends the best of both worlds of a traditional American approach of text books and regular testing and a more student centred perspective. The ultimate goal is to eventually attain IB world school status retaining the American element so students can graduate with a US diploma and if they meet with the criteria and IB diploma too. Advanced Placement course are also available.
The School Offers:
• Monthly tax free salary AED20000
• Allowances for utility bills and excess baggage
• International medical insurance is provided
• Annual airfares
• End of service gratuity
• Local bus transportation
• Two free places for dependent children
• Accommodation is provided as part of the employment package; it is furnished and single occupancy
If you believe that this opportunity matches the ideals of your overseas teaching aspirations then please do not hesitate to contact your local Edvectus advisor today. We look forward to hearing from you.